Since the 1600s, the Philippines’ gambling laws have been betting on okbet games of chance. Almost everywhere in the world, you can gamble in legal and illegal ways. The government controls gambling through the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR). PAGCOR is a state-owned company that runs many different casinos and keeps private casino owners in line. Since 2016, PAGCOR has also given operating licenses to and regulated the growing online gambling sector that serves markets outside the Philippines. You can find more than twenty casinos in Metro Manila alone. Casino gambling and integrated resorts have become essential parts of the Philippines’ appeal as tourist destinations.
Is Online Gambling Legal In The Philippines?
Yes, no laws in the Philippines say it is against the law for people to gamble online. The only exception is that Filipino-based casinos and sportsbooks are not allowed to offer their services online to Philippines residents. However, Filipino players are free to use legal online casinos, legal horse betting, and online sports betting sites, as long as their local regulatory agencies or gaming commissions have given them a license. All the island gambling laws aim at the casinos, not those who go there to play.
Philippine Regulatory Agencies
- Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) – PAGCOR is a government-owned company that can run, approve, and license any game of chance and uses its money to pay for government national development programs.
- First Cagayan Leisure And Resort Corporation (FCRLC) – FCRLC has its own set of rules and laws for its economic region. Their goal is to create an industry that can support itself and give jobs and money to the city of Santa Ana.
- Philippine Racing Commission (PHILRACOM) – PHILRACOM wants to ensure that horse racing, both a sport and a form of gambling is run reasonably and efficiently. It also wants to improve the breed of horses in the Philippines and stop the illegal importation of sports horses.
- Games and Amusements Board (GAB) – GAB is the group that regulates and keeps an eye on pay-to-play sports. It also tries to stop illegal bookies and other illegal gambling around combat sports and fun games.
- Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) – The primary government organization in charge of organizing and governing lotteries and sweepstakes and funding health treatment for welfare users is PCSO.
Minimum Gambling Age In The Philippines?
People in the Philippines who want to gamble in casinos must be at least 21 years old, according to the country’s gambling laws. The government of the Philippines takes this law very seriously because it wants to eliminate the dangers of gambling among people under the age of 18.
Even though the laws in the Philippines are about online gambling in other countries. The law will punish people who break them. This type of gambling entertainment is still only for people who are old enough to do so legally. That means that even if an online casino or poker site lets players sign up at age 18. Filipino players can’t bet on these sites until they are twenty-one. These rules, which are part of the country’s laws, are more important than the rules of gambling websites.
Is it legal in the Philippines to bet on sports online?
Yes, a Filipino court ruled in 2012 that no language in the law made it illegal for Filipinos to bet online. In the areas where PAGCOR is in charge, running an online sportsbook is against the law. The Cagayan-Freeport area can legally run an online gambling business. As long as they don’t offer their services to people who live in the Philippines. Residents can legally bet on sports at licensed and regulated offshore or licensed mobile sportsbooks in the Philippines. Our page of Philippine online sportsbooks reviews is an excellent place for players who want to bet online.
Read more: Amusnet Launches Slot Candy Palace Themed in Legit Okbet Online Casino